The R.E.A.L. Independent Schools Governing Body has responsibility for the four independent schools currently part of the R.E.A.L. organisation (RIS Blidworth, RIS Mansfield, RIS Ilkeston and RIS Hinckley).
The purpose of the governing body is to provide confident, strategic leadership and to create robust accountability, oversight and assurance for the educational and financial performance of all of the schools. The three main aims of the governing body are to-
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
As individuals, Governors our committed to;
- Supporting the vision, aims and ethos of R.E.A.L. Education Ltd
- Using their knowledge, understanding and experience to support the schools to develop further
- Enabling learners to achieve excellent outcomes
- Upholding the principles of those in public life
The R.E.A.L. Independent Schools Governing Body meets as a full governing body termly and there are two further committees that meet in between the full meetings– Climate and Culture and Standards and Quality of Education.
If you wish to contact the Governing Body, please contact our Chair of Governors Phillip Gawthorpe in the first instance. Phil can be contacted via his email address : firstname.lastname@example.org